[ARCHIVED] BitDAO L1 Infrastructure

Curious to know if any developers have thoughts on projects that will optimally be built on a BitDAO powered L1 platform? I do agree basing it on ETH is the right move, although I’m curious to see how the shift to POS would affect this

4 Likes

I have a suggestion:
Now ETH is at the crossroads of history, forward, it is the POS of ETH2.0, to the left, it is a fork.
As the largest DAO organization, why don’t BitDAO try to do something before such a historic node?
That’s right, that is to directly fork ETH in the identity of BitDAO. I firmly believe that BitDAO is an excellent player, and, for BitChain, it is also an excellent opportunity.

Do something, let history remember you, do something, participate in the creation of history, do something, you are history.

5 Likes

@Ben.Zhou I had another idea. If you choose Cosmos, In contraposition to $BNB ecosystem, what about trying to build and develop (as a VC) around the cosmos ecosystem? In this way, you can leverage a huge number of protocols and this can give a lot of value to Bitchain. There are like 1k developers in cosmos ecosystem. In this way, you are part of an entire ecosystem, that i think it’s easier between to develop one by yourself.

6 Likes

When is this going to a proposal voting? L1 or L2 at the end?

3 Likes

is this idea of Bit Chain ongoing? seems no more active discussion. hope a chain of BIT will come out

1 Like

There have been several builders and projects respond to the open call to discuss a BitDAO L1 or L2 infrastructure. Updates will be provided in coming weeks.

11 Likes

Thanks for this prompt @Ben.Zhou ! A few of us were inspired by it to create a technical proposal, outlining a path to building BIT Network as a modular chain: BIT network proposal: iterative modular chain approach

12 Likes

Bitdao can refer to aptos and surpass aptos after the main network of aptos is launched.
1.Public chain L1 needs pos mode to save energy.
2.First of all, this bitdao coin should be useful and valuable. Secondly, the chain needs a lot of dapp, defi, dex, gamefi,and so on.
3.The bit participates in decentralized pledge mining.
4.The bit backbone needs to be scalable and upgradable. After the main network is upgraded in the later period, it can be upgraded to support L2, L3 and so on.
5.The main network shall integrate the advantages of ETH, BNB, APTOS, SUI, COSMOS, SOL and other public chains.
6.Bitdao has bybit to support continuous cash flow. The main network can be interconnected with ten thousand chains like COSMOS.

2 Likes

Hello,

I work with Relay Chain (relaychain.com), a bridging project. I’d like to discuss using Relay Chain’s bridging solution to offer BitDAO a seamless cross-chain experience. We offer the unique solution of a “web2” bridge in a “web3” world, we continue to see smart contract-focused bridges being compromised. The most recent being the BSC official bridge. I’d like to open up the discussion on this topic to better understand if we could be a good fit for the BitDAO community.

RELAY - PROJECT OVERVIEW & TEAM EXPERIENCE

Relay Chain was the first bridge into the Avalanche ecosystem, and one of the first projects to build on Moonriver. The team has since served as a Bridging as Service to many blockchain partners, often operating as the sole bridging solution for said partners. Before founding Relay, the team supported the Zero Exchange project, a popular swap protocol, addressing the market’s need to resolve DeFi deserts with a low-cost, high-speed, ultra-secure bridge for both institutional and retail end-users.

The Relay team recently committed to completely reconstructing the bridge in version 2.0, having learned many valuable lessons since the first bridge was built two years ago, and having witnessed competing bridges struggle with ongoing security challenges. The team has pivoted from a product that relies heavily on smart contracts to one that operates on “simple sends” and “listeners”, dramatically reducing user risk and exposure. By simplifying the bridging mechanism, Relay Chain created a hybrid model with a true web2 bridge, paired with liquidity provider smart contracts. This not only improves speed and lowers cost, but also reduces the risk inherent in traditional ‘smart contract heavy’ bridging operations. The bridge shares similarities to the official Avalanche bridge, and has been audited by TevPro — a major US based technology and solidity consulting company.

With version 2.0 the team can connect to any evm and non-evm chain and has solved “the holy trinity” of bridging. We’ve found a way for bridging to be fast, secure, and provide one of the best prices.

VISION

Relay Chain’s vision is to become the most customer-centric bridge experience by providing an all-encompassing solution for users to explore the destination chain of their choice. Relay Chain achieved a major milestone and set the foundation for a safe and smooth bridge experience with the rollout of version 2.0, and is currently utilizing a grant provided by the Metis Foundation to incentivize liquidity between Optimism, Arbitrum, and Metis. The next milestones on the near horizon are to offer users and ecosystems a bridge aggregator option (think: the 1inch of bridges), real-time social analytics, bridge contests and additional utility and entertainment, via our innovation project: Battle of the Blockchains.

1 Like

With the passing of BIP-14, the BIT community has approved the proposal that “Bybit shall bootstrap the R&D and go-to-market of BitNetwork (temporary name).”

This discussion will be archived, but will remain visible to the public.