[DISCUSSION] BitDAO Burn Tokens

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

3 Likes

I understand that many are interested in a burn and I absolutely agree on the reasons. But please think of one thing guys, such an important choice must be made rationally, with the right timing and in the right market conditions.
Personally I would not do a burn in this period, now we need to focus on growing the community and above all the usefulness of BitDAO.
A burn, in my opinion, should be done when the community and the interest in the token will be greater. Better still if in a bullrun period. Personally I would say to consider the burn no earlier than 2024.

5 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes

I think that the repurchased BIT is not allowed to be burned, because it is an asset that BitDAO bought back with real money. Do you want your company’s assets to burn? Wouldn’t it be better to use assets for expansion? The best way to burn is L1 proposed by bybit ceo, which uses transmission fees to burn BIT to achieve deflation

(For example, the way ETH burns transmission fees)

3 Likes

A burning system is necessary for fighting inflation, so there will not be so many supplies. It is a great idea and will make the token more stable. Once the inflation stops, more people will come and support it!

3 Likes

Perhaps what the proposer really means is they want more clarity into the treasury management system and the intent behind bip-9.

Its clear from the whitepaper, community sentiment and voting results that BIT is intended to represent the community and treasury value of BitDAO and that some members of the community believe that the current token is undervalued.

Thinking of this from a purely economic perspective, I believe that the best way to do this is for BitDAO to create a more direct set of incentives for BitDAO token holders to increase demand rather than to simply reduce supply (which in crypto does not always translate to a proportional increase in price).

From a classical finance standpoint incentives like a dividend create a basis for value. Any thoughts on web3 incentive programs?

7 Likes