[PASSED] BIP-21: Optimization of Brand, Token, and Tokenomics

The token conversion may introduce a fixed exchange rate for all users, which preserves all existing proportions of governance rights and other interests.

In this sentence, is fixed exchange a stable coin?

1 Like

Full support of the proposal. In my opinion is better always to have just one brand to all the products. It s easiest to manage .

I don’t know if i understand this correctly but i would like to know if Bit holders will get new token called mantle ?

Can someone please correct me if i am wrong.

I liked the idea of Mantle token for mantle.xyz though. It will be huge.

1 Like

This is good for branding, but the accelerated release of the vested tokens will be bad for holders because the price will dump even more. Those that have these vested tokens will sell especially in this economic climate where everyone needs money. Already some of us bought the tokens at a high price and it has gone down by more than 50% with only 18% of tokens in circulation.
So you can imagine what will happen to the price when the vested tokens are released through the acceleration. Maybe it’s best to sell and wait to see what happens after the vested tokens are released.

The proposed acceleration concerns the arrival of the remainder of Bybit’s contribution (2.7B $BIT per BIP-20 Snapshot), originally scheduled across 48 months, to the treasury. Tokens bound for the treasury are typically on a one-way trip, and are not moved without a governance proposal and vote. This acceleration does not generate additional circulating supply.

3 Likes

Sounds like the vision is getting more focused and ready for big execution

2 Likes

I think this will be great for both the community with clear goals for DAOs.

This will also help in conveying proper message regarding Mantle Chain activities such as future programs, Token connection with the chain as well.

As most of contrinbutors, fully supporting these changes that aims to clarify BITdao & Mantel roles & brands. This would benefit to long term holder with limited (I understood) impact for non long term holders. Basically fair !

1 Like

I agree completely.

There are too many projects in the space currently, and dozens pop up everyday. Brand recognition and simplicity of positioning its value and products has never been more needed. Too many projects fail because of their lack of correct branding and marketing.

That´s the right way to onboard millons of users and attract them to Mantle.

This is a good idea. I think the crypto space a poluted with brands and forks. What you are proposing is to send a clear message, one brand and one identity. My only concern is about the users that worked hard in the Mantle testnet, an airdrop or private sale must incentivise the community.

Mantle might have its own token, tbo I was quietly expecting such move, but I think we need to know ByBit’s position.

2 Likes

I think it’s easier and cheaper to rename Mantle to BitNet or smth similar instead of rebranding well-known exchange and an asset.

I agree with this matter, after all, BitDAO people no longer trust it, and FTX still has 100 million coins in its hands.

I support the proposal, I like the idea of merging, it simplifies many aspects.

I agree with the suggestion. It will be easier for everyone to follow the “one brand, one token” principle. its own ecosystem, its own token, its own community, its own way

Firstly, I want to commend the author of the proposal for their well-researched and detailed approach. It is evident that they have thoroughly analyzed the current tokenomics and branding strategy of BitDAO and have proposed some thoughtful suggestions for improvement.

I believe that this proposal has the potential to create significant benefits for BitDAO and its token holders. By optimizing the branding strategy and tokenomics, BitDAO can increase awareness and adoption of its platform, as well as provide more value to its token holders. I look forward to seeing how this proposal progresses and the positive impact it may have on the BitDAO community.

Additionally, I was impressed by the engagement and participation from the BitDAO community on the thread. This level of engagement and collaboration is a great sign for the future of BitDAO and its community-driven approach. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Overall, the proposal to unify the BitDAO and Mantle brands under a “One brand, One token” principle and simplify tokenomics shows promise in creating long-term value for token holders and increasing the chances of success for core products. However, there are some areas that may benefit from further clarification or adjustment:

1. Communication and Transition: Ensure that the transition to a unified brand and token is well-communicated to the community, with clear instructions on the conversion process. Providing ample time for the community to adapt and prepare for the change is crucial.
  2. Brand Perception: Merging the BitDAO and Mantle brands could lead to confusion among the existing community members and potential new users. It is essential to outline the benefits of the unified brand and ensure that this decision aligns with the long-term vision and goals of the project.
  3. Token Conversion Process: Provide more details on the token conversion mechanism, including the conversion rate, timeline, and channels to ensure transparency and convenience for token holders.
  4. Governance and Autonomy: While the proposal aims to preserve existing governance rights, it would be helpful to address how this change might impact the autonomy of individual projects or subDAOs within the ecosystem. Consider providing examples or guidelines for maintaining autonomy within the unified brand.
  5. Token Design and Utility: Although the new token will incorporate the latest design principles, it is important to present a detailed overview of the token’s utility and features to ensure that the community understands how it will benefit the ecosystem.

By addressing these points, the proposal can create a more robust plan for the future of the Mantle ecosystem and offer a stronger foundation for token holder prosperity, product success, and governance rights preservation.

4 Likes

A good team tries to prevent and anticipate all possible scenarios, even in the “smaller” aspects.
Congratulations team for working from the base of the project.

1 Like

I like the idea of the *Mantle token having various utilities such as Gas payment, governance, stake etc… , this strengthens the Mantle ecosystem and adds value to the token protecting investors. My vote is yes :+1:t3:.

2 Likes

One potential area for improvement in the proposal could be the consideration of potential conflicts of interest between the Mantle Network team and the BitDAO governance process. While the proposal suggests that the governance and economic rights of token holders will be preserved, it’s important to ensure that there is adequate separation between the Mantle Network team and the governance process to prevent any conflicts of interest.

One possible solution could be to establish a separate committee or entity responsible for overseeing the governance process, with members who are not affiliated with the Mantle Network team. This would help to ensure that the interests of all token holders are represented fairly in the governance process and that there is no undue influence from any particular group or entity. Additionally, this could help to increase transparency and trust in the BitDAO ecosystem as a whole.

2 Likes