[PASSED] BIP-9: $BIT Purchase Program

I’m going to split my opinion into two posts so I can focus on crafting my answers without having to turn everything into a big whitepaper. :slightly_smiling_face:

Buyback and Burn are the most discussed topics for months in the community, my position is against it and here are my arguments in topics:

1) Economy / Tokenomics

Having a treasury with stable and diverse assets is healthy and important, ignoring this in an industry that recurrently has periods of trouble (crypto winter) and still having the possibility of a Black Swan can be fatal to the entire project.

Virtually all projects approved so far have the delivery of resources in tranches. If there is a long period of low prices, how will commitments be paid?

“-Oh, we can use the monthly contribution for that!”

Then you will lose the artificial instrument of price control you were created for and now you are dependent and because of that your treasury will be catastrophically devalued.

Another problem here is the lack of demonstration that, once approved, this change will actually impact significant market valuation. In my opinion, there must be inaccuracy of calculations.

The amounts of 700K USD daily are not enough to push the price up significantly and sustain it above some price. I understand that for us mortals, 700K USD daily or 21M monthly is a lot of money, but that’s not enough for the promise of appreciation.

I dare say looking at the metrics, even 5x or 10x that amount isn’t enough. But let’s say that hypothetically in a utopia this would be enough, we will have another problem:

Futures Markets :skull_and_crossbones:

In recent years, an important part of market cycles has been the swap of volume in spot trades for futures contracts. When this occurs, daily or monthly purchases using the Bybit commitment will make a 0% difference.

My comments on the economy and tokenomics are based on my experience as a competitive trader, previously ranked in Binance’s top 10. But I’ve been retired for some time and just my opinion shouldn’t be enough, I suggest you guys use connections to communicate with other experts like FTX/Alameda and ask for a third opinion from the ninjas who work there. :ninja:

4 Likes