Proposal Title: Proof of Good DAO x BitDAO - Onboard millions onto web3 by gamifying & rewarding Social Good.
Date: March 6, 2022
How will your proposal, if activated, benefit BitDAO?
- The BitDAO treasury will receive $5M USD worth of GOOD tokens via SAFT agreement.
- Build awareness and bring more quality and passionate members to BitDAO
- Proliferate BIT through the Prize Pool and Mystery Boxes.
- BitDAO will become a Proof of Good Oracle
- PoG Oracles will accept BIT as payment for their products/services, driving further adoption, utility, and usage of BitDAO.
- Accelerate adoption of Web3 & create massive leverage on real world impact
- The Proof of Good Protocol will partner with, support, and accelerate adoption and engagement with other BitDAO projects:
What are the projected outcomes?
- Onboard 2 million new users onto Web3.
- $100,000,000 USD donated to approved charities through the DAO Charity Treasury.
- Proof of Good Protocol and Good Points will be adopted by 1,000 Web3 Projects and 100 traditional NGOs.
- 250,000 in extreme poverty will earn a living wage through the PoG Protocol, and pass that same capacity on to others.
How long will it take to complete your proposed changes?
3 years, with quarterly milestones, deliverables, and targets.
Full details are broken down in the Go To Market Plan section of the proposal.
Who is involved?
Founded by Jeremy Dela Rosa, a 20 year veteran of the games and tech industry. He has pulled together a fully doxed core team of veterans from Blizzard Entertainment, who have managed platforms of over 60MM MAU and launched over 7 AAA games.
We are supported by an army of 70+ volunteers (and growing) from the gaming, crypto, nonprofit, and governmental sectors who are co-owners of the PoG DAO.
We have established over a dozen key partnerships across the web3, academic, NGO, Academic, and venture capital sectors. Among our partners are BOINC (UC Berkeley), Suffolk University, Angelprotocol.io, Opengrants.io, Unix Gaming, and more.
What are the milestones?
Full GTM Strategy and roadmap is broken down into phases with goals, deliverables, strategy, and timing. See full details on the GTM section of the detailed proposal.
Phase 1 - Organic Growth, DAO Core Community, Education, Academic Credibility
Phase 2 - Proof of Good Protocol Launch and PoG Oracle ramp-up
Phase 3 - GOOD Token Launch
Phase 4 - Daily Auctions & Metaverse compatibility
Phase 5 - International Expansion
Phase 6 - Metaverse Game Integration
Phase 7 - Metaverse PoG World
Phase 1-4 are targeted for each quarter of 2022.
Phase 5: 2023
Phase 6: 2024
Phase 7: 2025
The DAO Treasury will be owned and governed by DAO members. The DAO Core Team will prepare quarterly budgets to be reviewed and approved via governance proposals.
These are the high level allocations for the treasury.
- 20% will go towards supporting the development team and operations of the DAO.
- 20% of all funds will go to philanthropic causes (PoG Oracles) voted and approved by the DAO and who participate in the Proof of Good Protocol.
- 30% will be leveraged for community rewards and Good Points incentives.
- 10% will go towards ecosystem development and partnerships.
- 10% will be allocated to PoG volunteers.
- 10% will be reserved for treasury yields / liquidity.
Below is a detailed breakdown of dev team & operations budget:
|Team Operations Budget|100%|
|Dev Team & Live Operations|55%|
|Servers, Software Licenses|15%|
|Business Development & Legal|5%|
See full Treasury Management and Governance plans on the detailed proposal.
- Add technical details and/or links to source documentation
Full specifications of the protocol are documented on the Proof of Good Whitepaper.
Our codebase is hosted on GitHub and open-source.
- Include any other relevant details on how this proposal will be accomplished
We have a passionate DAO community already committing time to develop the platform and grow the community. Our focus is on scaling the organization and our reach by staffing full-time developers, designers, community managers, and NGO operations managers. This Core Team is essential to creating structure, strategy, and operational scalability; enabling exponential growth of the community and project contributors.
Our network of talent and trusted vendors spans the globe and across many verticals. Our mission and purpose attracts talent and we have zero issues recruiting. Our ability to scale is only limited by our access to initial capital.
Once we have recruited our DAO Core Team, our focus will be on constant delivery of product, operational excellence, and authentic community building. We believe that we can help accelerate network effects in web3 through our ecosystem partnerships by maximizing compatibility, composability, and utility of our token assets and economies.
The key to driving adoption usage of the Proof of Good Protocol will also be by building a complete high-quality vertical stack of engagement, namely the web3 game experience. Our previous experience in AAA game development will allow us to deliver on a model of an engaging and sustainable experience that other web3 projects can easily model after and adopt.
To create sustainability, we have designed the business model to have robust revenue sources, including: Membership NFT sales, Secondary sale royalties, In-Game item sales, Mystery Box sales, Governance participation fees, and sponsorships.
Next Steps? If this proposal is accepted, what are the immediate action items?
- Hire DAO Core Team Staff: Engineers, Designers, Community Managers, Marketing Managers.
- Deliver the PoG Protocol and accelerate onboarding of PoG Oracles.
- Onboard marketing agency to grow the community and DAO and maximize success of the GOOD token launch.
- Onboard game development studio to begin development of PoG World.
The BIT Community and delegates might discuss and verify the following before considering proposals.
- Is the team credible?
- Are they qualified to do this work?
- Does the proposal make sense technically?
- Does this fit into, or compliment, other projects in the BitDAO ecosystem?
- Needs work