Vol DAO - Web3 Music Venture Studio
May 27, 2022
How will your proposal, if activated, benefit BitDAO?
Vol DAO will consider agreeing upon SAFE and Token Warrant structure with BitDAO pending legal/regulatory considerations
What are the projected outcomes?
- NFTs break into mainstream via adoption of NFT-based music fan clubs
- Vol DAO establishes itself as the backbone for the music NFT industry, providing core (interoperable) infrastructure and key educational outlets
- Vol DAO accumulates a significant treasury via fees, providing value to token holders
How long will it take to complete your proposed changes?
We will launch our first features in the upcoming month. A functional demo, including NFT minting, token-gated Telegram chats via custom-built bot, and NFT showcasing are complete.
Who is involved?
We are the founders of a web2 music business, Herd Label. Via that business we service +50 artists who have significant traction on streaming services.
Lucas Mandelbaum - Software dev / entrepreneur, prev. Babson College School of Business BSc
Harlan Carere - Hedge fund manager / entrepreneur, prev. UBS, Fidelity, Goldman Sachs, Harvard Business School
What are the milestones?
End of Q2-2022: Target = 500 active artists
Curated NFT launch with Just John
Roll out first feature (NFT Showcasing / LinkTree for NFTs)
Mint for Genesis Pass NFTs (whitelist active users)
Depending on customer feedback / market reactions…
Launch more tools
Open up 3rd party integrations (ie ticketing etc.)
Launch governance token
Target raise by July 1, 2022
= $80/yr react/frontend dev + $20k/yr part-time solidity dev + $80k/yr marketing/admin support * 2 years of runway
- Add technical details and/or links to source documentation
Built using React + Solidity
- Include any other relevant details on how this proposal will be accomplished
Activities already underway, supported via profits from web2 business
Next Steps? If this proposal is accepted, what are the immediate action items?
- Determine funding terms and mechanism
- Expedite timelines by increasing hours for React/Front-end dev, Solidity dev, and marketing support (personnel already active)
- Launch tools and curated NFT drops with partner artists (already underway)
- Preserve capital (entering bear market / recession)
Links to External Resources
Our existing business, Herd Label, will serve as a subsidiary to Vol DAO and channel for onboarding artists from web2