[SUGGESTION] Rating BitDAO’s maturity with DAOmeter

Hey BitDAO community,

I’m Ann, the Governance Resarcher on the StableLab team, and we recently launched DAOmeter, a maturity rating system for DAOs.

The goal of DAOmeter is to serve as a public good by providing an effective method of evaluating and benchmarking the maturity levels of various protocols. This is achieved through a scoring system that encompasses key categories within protocols, such as Community, Voting, Documentation, Security, and more.

Based on our evaluation, BitDAO has earned a maturity score of 66%.

We noticed that BitDAO doesn’t have a formal security module to protect against governance attack vectors. Additionally, your financial reporting is not public. Is this intentional or is this something you are considering organizing in the near-future or have considered in the past?

I want to clarify that a lower score doesn’t necessarily mean that BitDAO is less decentralized. We provide a 40-page report on the breakdown of the score and the research methods behind DAOmeter, which you can find on the StableLab website.

As we’re committed to the continuous improvement and development of this tool, we’d love to hear from the broader community. Please feel free to share your thoughts, suggestions, and insights with us as we work to improve the DAOmeter scoring system.

Cheers,
Ann

13 Likes

I’m curious is there a dashboard to view other DAOs evaluated? Would like to compare directly

great formal security module to protect against governance attack would be nice