[PASSED] BIP-8: PleasrDAO x BitDAO

I agree with you. Probably users from PleasrDAO are sending messages to accept the offer. If you don’t have Bitdao, they have no say! We are not a charity. I still can’t believe this topic is being discussed. It is said to take risks. We have a huge treasure, no need to risk it, just stake is enough. Topics that ask for money from this kind of treasury should be removed as soon as possible. We can’t partner if you can’t be transparent

2 Likes

Hey numune, to be clear this is a soft proposal meaning that the authors are seeking feedback from the community. Simply striking down a proposal because it does not meet your criteria when it lands on the table is not how we build partnerships. There are a number of suggestions from cateatpeanutbutter and Don above that point to possible solutions. Maybe you can engage with those suggestions and provide some constructive feedback about how we can improve transparency with this particular proposal.

7 Likes

Pleasr fren here working on The Doge NFT project. Love the idea of DAO back DAO. Think it will develop a tighter knit ecosystem. Looking forward to supporting BitDAO fam in our work.

3 Likes

Hey everyone, wanted to post a response to some of the comments above to add a bit of context on why this proposal is structured in the current form. Tl;dr DAOs investing in private investments is hard and this proposal represents a challenge for DAOs to overcome if they wish to be competitive with centralized companies and VC’s. Medium post here: What Can’t DAOs Do?

9 Likes

:wave: MrCrab! I’m a life-long friend of Ross Ulbricht. Grew up with Ross and we lived together the year leading up to his arrest. I also worked with PleasrDAO to launch the FreeRossDAO and am currently the operational lead of the DAO. I’m sorry you had a bad experience. Would to love learn more about where things failed to meet your expectations.

For the community here, all I can say is that at the FreeRossDAO we have an incredibly dedicated and talented team pushing the DAO forward. We recently partnered with Ross to help him produce a remarkable animation that he hand-drew in prison. You can see the heartbreakingly beautiful finished animation here: https://twitter.com/FreeRossDAO/status/1511335407602049025?s=20&t=K19o-A8AL77MSu9bR3762A

And if you’d like to get engaged and help us run and improve the FreeRossDAO please join us here: https://www.freerossdao.org/

3 Likes

FreeRossDAO is not a rug. We’re active and growing, and working towards our mission. I’m not sure how anyone who has watched our progress can make such a claim.

We just participated in another auction this week at Bitcoin Miami, and bought more artwork that we’re building a national tour around, not to mention the proceeds of the auction go 100% to support the Ulbricht Family Legal Trust.

Disclosure: I’m the leader of the media pod at FRD.

3 Likes

Us DAOs have to lift each other up. Pleasr is dedicated to working on the most relevant, cultural initiatives in the space. It would be a great synergy with BitDAO/Windranger to financially align our organizations.

5 Likes

thanks for replying. just hope the dao can correct the advertisement saying, and inform people this is a charity dao, not a investment dao, do not have high return expectation, some like that to prevent people fomo

What advertisement are you referring to? The original FreeRossDAO website had clear language saying contributions were donations and that this was not an investment. Please point me to where we ever mentioned that this was an investment and that you should expect a return.

And genuinely would love for you to become an active member of our community and help us Free Ross and reform the criminal justice system.

Cheers
®

2 Likes

As a PleasrDAO member since genesis, I support this proposal. But one thing I think that hasn’t been mentioned in the long term vision of the DAO as something that can invert our relationship with museums vs. individual works of art. Currently, if you like a piece of artwork at a particular museum, you’re only able to interact with it by supporting the museum or perhaps the artist directly. It is hard in the current art world to build a sustainable, long-lasting community around a single work or a single piece. However, the NFT world has demonstrated that this is possible — but no one has figured out how to bridge the gap between the analogue world (e.g. museum-level patronage) and the digital world’s micro-level grassroots, artwork specific patronage. Pleasr’s collections of real world items and digital items and its commitment to decentralizing ownership of these pieces over time (e.g. such as Doge and hopefully Wu Tang) can actually bridge this gap.

4 Likes

even the crypto youtuber know to say this is not financial advice to invest the cryptocurrency.

but your website says nothing to warn holder.

that is your responsibility to warn your holders

bcz too many retail holder don’t know what is difference in investing a dao and donating a dao.

so that is why i suggest you to clear you are a charity dao not a investment dao, dont expect any high return from buy $free.

thanks for invitation. but i only support the bitdao

1 Like

Voting on this proposal has begun

1 Like

It is challenging to gauge “most members” without a direct vote. This proposal received significant engagement, most of which was seemingly very positive or revolved around lack of specific terms which was discussed in my blog post above. Due to time constraints of the opportunity, a decision either way has to be made or would default to a no. What is nice about snapshot is that it allows for the community to express themselves in a directly quantifiable way. The decision is now up to BIT holders!

3 Likes
1 Like

When will we have more information?

BIP-8: PleasrDAO x BitDAO has been approved and will receive $6.5M (95% ETH/USDT and 5% BIT) in funding.

This partnership opens up joint opportunities within the Art and NFT categories for the BitDAO ecosystem. View the full proposal here.

2 Likes

Only 3/43 voters voted No, with 3.2k BIT versus 202m BIT behind the Yes votes.
The vast majority of BitDAO stakeholders clearly supported this proposal.